Monday, May 3, 2010

Abstarct


Well I decided to do my senior project on the co coral reefs because their such a beautiful place and it’s a big part of biodiversity because it house homes to many species of marine life. I even decided to focus more on it because the bleaching affect on the reefs from the climate change. I even feel by 2110 that many reefs won’t have a chance to survive if we don’t step up to protect our reefs because it’s not just a polar bear that global warming is effecting, but the reefs are a major part of our oceans. Without coral reefs like the Great Barrier Reef, we can lose many marine life and resources we use and this can destroy an ecosystem and the way we see marine life. From most of my sources, I got that many of the topics were about the problems and problems yet to come if we don’t start protecting our oceans. The ocean is already getting more acidic from the climate change and this affects the health of coral reefs, which changes the sea level, elevated storm frequency and intensity, altered ocean circulation, variation in precipitation and land runoff, and increasing ocean acidification. I even think if we keep on increasing levels of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, we will probably bleach the entire reefs and lose so much of the biodiversity of the ocean. I think if we start by going green and finding better ways of energy, we won’t release as much CO2 in the atmosphere because when this happens the water temperature goes up, many storms are formed and the coral starts to die.

No comments: